Monday, March 8, 2010

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Why is it that when the Lord moves, speaks, and reveals, the enemy thinks he has the next move? Last night I was sitting in a prayer meeting and the Lord very clearly spoke to me, revealing things about His will for my life, and wouldn't you know it, the minute the meeting was over I was sick to my stomach. This isn't the first time this has happened either. Throughout my walk, and even before, a recurring pattern is seen: God moves, I get sick. The summer before my senior year of high school, my youth group went on a mission trip to Mexico. I really felt called to the ministry at this time, specifically to the mission field, and while we were there I ingested the water, and was car sick in the back of a van for 3 hours. This is only one of the many stories I have about this, but last night I got to thinking about it...I realized that the enemy is not only trying to take me out spiritually, but also physically. Why does he feel like he can do that?? I actually think its funny in a way. You're mad that I won't be joining you for eternity and that I'm taking as many people with me as I possibly can, so you give me stomach problems? "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete. lacking in nothing." -James 1:2. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl,
    Just keep your head held high and remember that God has chosen you and you have chosen to do his work. Don't let anything get you down. In the short time that we have known each other, you have shown me that you are an amazing Christian, student, and woman. I know that you always keep your head held high and work hard. Just keep that up. I love you!

    AnnElise

    ReplyDelete